“Peeking” ©2011Robert Redus
“Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.” – Confucius
I’ve opted to return to a topic…I began thinking about how each month passes….while in the month so much is presented to me and I have a choice of either taking it in or not…with time hopefully comes change…better plans…certain things become a bit more clear…and July was no exception
July passed quickly…much of it I don’t remember…seems like a blur…yet in that passing the days set loose a great deal of information…much is priceless…
I enjoyed July…some things were solidified…others released…still others…swept away with no idea of their whereabouts….I came to conclusions…I learned a great deal…here are some of the many things I learned….
- New Mexico is not a great place for me in summer
- It’s not what you do it’s the way that you do it.
- People don’t surprise me a great deal any more.
- Truth requires more effort than just saying what is true.
- Consistency may seem like a habit…but a lot sure gets done.
- You can’t ask for advice and then get pissed off because it’s not the advice you want to hear.
- Dental Health is much more important than we may every know
- Most people believe their own story…even if nobody else does.
- It’s all about how the numbers add up over 12 months.
- If you’re _______ with what you are doing and think you are ________….I believe you and I’m happy for you.
again July spread itself like a thick coat of crunchy peanut butter…and what I “learned”…I already knew…I think maybe the immortality has faded…the notion of what matters most is when my cup is filling…it’s with the stuff I want to fill it with…
I have on my the kitchen cabinet my “Manifesto” I wrote 2 years ago….it is more powerful now than ever before…
- Do not waste any time on the…wrong people…the wrong endeavors…the wrong ideas
- Go get what I want right now…as it may not be there when I think I’m ready for it
- Look carefully at what presents itself…do not make the unacceptable…acceptable
- Whatever I look for…I will find
- Take time out of each day to smile and…laugh more
“Truth is so hard to tell, it sometimes needs fiction to make it plausible.” – Francis Bacon